It’s the first selfie I took a few days after arriving home from Qatar last summer. I was still jet lagged, silly excited yet overcome with emotions.
My heart hurts. Anthony Bourdain was an icon to me when it came to storytelling through food. He was real, unapologetic and inspiring. May he rest in God’s eternal peace.
Please, if you are struggling and contemplating of suicide, reach out.
Please, if you see someone struggling and contemplating suicide, reach out.
National (USA) suicide hotline to call or text: 1800.273.8255
It’s been seven years since I observed and celebrated a full month of Ramadan back home in San Francisco. I plan to break fast with my family, kneel in worship with my friends and try to find peace within myself.
May this Ramadan find you breaking fast with family, worshipping with friends and finding peace within yourself… ameen.
Blessed and rewarding Ramadan to one and all.
My Dearest Salem,
I remember coming home from Qatar to see you for the first time, holding you at the airport and having you giggle rather than cry. I just can’t even explain all the emotions that rushed through me at that moment.
I praise God every day for bringing the joy that is you into my life. As I watch you grow into the smartest, funniest and cutest human, I’m in awe. I can’t believe you are already turning five years old. Where has the time gone?
On your birthday today, I want you to know a few things…
- You are loved beyond words.
- Your smile is contagious, keep smiling.
- I’m extremely proud of your awesomeness.
- You are amazing, never doubt yourself.
- You will achieve greatness, just put your mind to it.
- There are no stupid questions, so ask away.
- Kindness and respect are universal currencies to be splurged.
- You can be anything you want to be when you grow up.
- Just don’t grow up too fast, enjoy being a kid.
Happiest of birthdays to my cartoon watching buddy, my funny tickles, my little blonde monster, my beautiful nephew.
I will always love you this much times infinity!