Eid is here peeps! May it be a day filled with joy as we celebrate a new beginning with our loved ones and community at large.
Just because Ramadan has come to a close, we don’t return just to our old ways. What have you learned this past month and carry it forward with you. Know that you didn’t just detox physically, but spiritually too.
May God accept your fasts, prayers and zakat… May God bless you and yours with a joyous and delightful Eid… ameen.
From our family to yours, Eid Mubarak!!
For iftar last night, my brother made his famous Thai curry dish, followed by his delicious banana pudding! Layers and layers of goodness in a cup…
So much for losing weight this Ramadan season 🤣
One of my favorite pictures of Mama with my aunties and grandparents a few years ago. Today marks 40 days since my grandmother’s passing. This is how I’ll always remember her, smiling.
May she rest in God’s eternal peace and light… ameen.
My Dearest Salem,
I remember coming home from Qatar to see you for the first time, holding you at the airport and having you giggle rather than cry. I just can’t even explain all the emotions that rushed through me at that moment.
I praise God every day for bringing the joy that is you into my life. As I watch you grow into the smartest, funniest and cutest human, I’m in awe. I can’t believe you are already turning five years old. Where has the time gone?
On your birthday today, I want you to know a few things…
- You are loved beyond words.
- Your smile is contagious, keep smiling.
- I’m extremely proud of your awesomeness.
- You are amazing, never doubt yourself.
- You will achieve greatness, just put your mind to it.
- There are no stupid questions, so ask away.
- Kindness and respect are universal currencies to be splurged.
- You can be anything you want to be when you grow up.
- Just don’t grow up too fast, enjoy being a kid.
Happiest of birthdays to my cartoon watching buddy, my funny tickles, my little blonde monster, my beautiful nephew.
I will always love you this much times infinity!
Love, Auntie Hala