Who’s ready for a day trip? I know I am as it’s been a while since I was able to put a Bay Area day trip together. Let’s Go explore San Francisco’s Chinatown!
North America’s first and largest Chinatown is right here in San Francisco, full of rich culture and history. Join us on Saturday, July 1st at 10am where we will start at the Chinese Cultural Center (CCCSF) before walking up and down the heart of the hilly town to the Chinese Historical Society of America Museum (CHSAM), lunch at the famous R&G Lounge, and check out a few cool monuments. Throughout, we’ll of course stop to learn, shop, snack, and capture our day’s adventure. We may even hop on a cable car!
Tentative Itinerary for July 1st:
10am – Meet at Portsmouth Square, 745 Kearny St.
10:15am – Cross the street to CCCSF, 750 Kearny St.
11am – Walk towards CHSAM, 965 Clay St.
12:30pm – Start walking towards R&G Lounge, 631 Kearny St.
2pm – Start walking towards the “Comfort Women” Column of Strength, 651 California St.
2:30pm – Start walking towards the “Dragon Gate”, 401-413 Grant Ave.
3pm – End the day with a group photo.
*Note that itinerary may be updated as we get closer to the day.
– While the CCCSF admission is free to visit, the CHSAM is not. Timed admissions tickets are only $12, which must be purchased through their website.
– If you choose to ride the cable car between CHSAM and R&G Lounge, the single fare charge is $8, which you can purchase in advance as instructed by the SFMTA.
– I will confirm by June 17th if a deposit will be required to hold our reservations, based on the number of confirmed attendees.
– You are responsible for the cost of your lunch, snacks, shopping, etc.
– Chinatown is quite hilly, PLEASE wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
– All COVID guidelines and recommendations are to be respected and followed.
– Day trip organizers are unpaid volunteers. By agreeing to attend, you assume responsibility for your own safety, conduct, and well-being. Being kind is not that difficult.
Please confirm your attendance by making a comment below or via InterNations. Come with an appetite for food, culture, and engagement. I can’t wait to see you all then!
SF Chinatown: https://www.sftravel.com/neighborhoods/chinatown
CHSAM Tickets: https://buy.acmeticketing.com/orders/512/tickets?eventId=621fd4e4027c761f00ba51ea&cdEventIds=621fd4e4027c761f00ba51ea&date=2023-07-01T00:00:00-0700R&G Lounge: https://www.rnglounge.com
Let’s Go: https://mshala.co/lets-go
You must be logged in to post a comment.